|Retro-gaming: Now with less felony!|
Playing retro games on your PC, Mac or Linux box just got a little easier and a whole lot more legal. The Retrode 2 lets you avoid the gray areas involved with obtaining potentially-ilicit videogame ROMS for your software emulator by letting you use your own, legally-owned SNES or Sega Genesis carts instead. Check out the specs:
- Cartridge slots for Sega Genesis/MD and Nintendo SNES/SFC games. Access ROM (program/data) and SRAM (savegames)! Custom-made connectors of video game quality.
- 2×2 ports for Sega and SNES controllers.
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed composite device for driverless operation under any OS, using any emulator.
- Easy to use, configure and update.
- Expandable using plug-in adapters (Sega Master System, GameBoy and N64).
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions and weight: 162mm x 80mm x 42mm, 200g (6.4″ x 3.2″ x 1.7″, 0.4lbs)
- Includes USB cable and instruction sheet. Suggested retail price: EUR 65 / USD 85.
The Retrode 2 even includes built-in controller ports so you can play all of your old favorites the way they were meant to be instead of using some flimsy stick from Gravis or CH Products (honk if you remember either of those guys!). The unit sells for about $85 and you can find out more about ordering one by visiting their website: www.retrode.com.